Teachers and Education

This morning, and every Monday morning, I work in Ashley's kindergarten class. In fact, I am at my kids' (yes, even Levi's) at least three times a week. After homeschooling for a while, I can't help but be in my kids' classrooms and involved in their learning. I learn so much about my kids this way. Who they play with, how they interact with others, and how they respond to the learning environment. Fortunately, all my kids have had awesome teachers. Each one placing something of importance into their ever-growing and ever-changing lives. My kids have a high regard and utmost respect for their teachers and every administrator or facilitator at their schools. Myself being a former preschool assistant, understand the need for a healthy, respectful relationship between the teacher and the student.

So, today, I am thankful for their teachers and the schools that they go to. We are so blessed. Even though this is public school, most every teacher and a huge percentage of the students believe in God and are actively involved in their church. I am also thankful that my children have the freedom to receive an education in such an environment.

Today, Ashley made a thankful turkey in class. She chose every word on the feathers, no one prompted her. I thought it was precious, here is a picture: 
Pic #1 is Ashley with Mrs. Derry. Pic #2 is Myles and Elle on the first day. They don't care for this picture stuff, especially on the first day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!