My Family, My Heart

Today, and always, I am so very thankful for my family. For today, I will focus on my immediate family, my husband and my children.
Twelve years ago, God gave me a son. We named him Levi Joel, he made me a mother. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being mother. I chose names for my children. Those names did not make it but it was fun. Two years later, to the day, God gave me another son, who we named Myles Jonathan. He taught me the importance of prayer, I needed it with him.
I believe God has a sense of humor because sixteen months later (yes, less than a year and a half!) Elle Jenalee was born. My little girl! And three years later, when I thought we were done, Ashley Jean, my angel baby, completed our family.
I know I am blessed and there is not a day I do not thank God for my children. I am honored that the Lord chose me to raise these beautiful, precious souls to be soldiers of the cross, godly men and women, leaders in His kingdom, and faithful saints to the house of God. He has entrusted me and I will do my best to lead and guide them by His grace.
In addition to my children, I am so very thankful for their daddy, my husband Ronald John, or as I prefer, Ronnie. Without him I wouldn't have my children and my life would be very extremely boring! Ronnie is an awesome husband and an incredible daddy. Unfortunately, his upbringing did not provide him with a boost in the fatherhood/husbandhood department, so he, with the help of God, had to pave his own pathway. Knowing this makes me even more proud of him.
 
Ronnie and Ashley Jean


***And as a bonus, since my post took a little longer today, we have a surprise for you! Ashley Jean was chosen to be the star student today! She wanted me to let you all know and to post a picture of her with Miss Pig. Miss Pig gets to spend the night with the star student and tonight is our night. Any ideas of what we can do with Miss Pig? We are going to take her to the library. This will be a fun day! :)

Comments

Ruby said…
WONDERFUL POST!! I know this is late in the day... BUT...
While you are out and about would Miss Pig like to have some hot-coco and spend some quality time with Miss Ashley Jean ( I was going to say ice-cream, but remembered where you live, lol)

Hope you all had a fabulous day with Miss Pig! :)
Kim said…
What a fabulous idea! We could do ice cream but since it is a chilly 50 degrees with some rain, hot cocoa sounds awesome! I'll take some pics :)
Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!