Mi Casa es Su Casa

Seriously! If you need a place to stay, just call me. We've done it before and we'll do it again. My home is yours. You want to know why? Because I know what it is like to be without a home.
The last, say, um, five years, has been rather...interesting when it comes to my dwelling. We bought a home in 1999, sold it in 2004, and lived in an apartment with three young children and a baby on the way. In January of 2006, we bought another house on five acres which at some point was supposed to be our dream home. Reality check. Not all dreams come true. In 2010, we lost this home. During the time we lived there, my cousin Clayton lived with us until his sweet little wife, Sarah, stole um, I mean until he got married. (really, we love Sarah and are so happy for both of them). Other family members lived with us at various times, and really, those were great times. I cherish the memories.
After we lost the house, we lived, for a brief time in a friends house (we rented it from them, they didn't live there). This was a blessing as well. Then, it seemed, that the bottom fell out. We decided to reach out to family and for a time we made their home, our home. 
So I said all this to say, I am thankful for my home! I am thankful to have a roof over my head and the money to pay for it. It isn't much, but it is mine. God is faithful and He has always provided.

Here is a picture of the kids playing at the park in our complex. We live in a townhome, so there are always a lot of people around. Oddly enough, there weren't this day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!