Laughter is the Best Medicine

You've heard it time and again, laughter is good for the soul. Psychologists and therapists will agree, having a good laugh now and then is good for you! Fortunately, I laugh daily, for this I am very thankful.

I don't know about you, but I find many things humorous, even when they are not supposed to be. For example, when my kids are trying to tell me something and bless their little hearts, they are trying their best to be serious, I get tickled. I try very hard not to show it, but, man, they make me laugh. Myles enjoys it. He tries to humor us intentionally, and he is quite successful. Levi is my serious one but sometimes he is like his dad and says things that are so funny, then he won't laugh. This very morning, he did that. It was Ashley's turn to pray and she decided to pray for EVERYTHING! She was taking her own sweet time, then I heard Levi say, under his breath, "so this is what the bible means by telling us to pray without ceasing." I almost laughed aloud, then realized that would not be good. We're praying here, folks! And Elle, well, just her personality alone makes me laugh. I can tell you story after story about my nine year old who thinks she's 16! I LOVE it! I love to laugh with them, and yes, sometimes at them. When Ashley gets frustrated with Elle "gnoring" her and when she tells us she "is trying to wonder" instead of "I was wondering about that" and when she says "it doesn't care" for "it doesn't matter", I can't help but laugh.

Therefore, today I am thankful for ALL the opportunities I have to laugh, not only with my kids, but I seemed to provide myself with great opportunities to laugh as well. I learned a long time ago not to take myself seriously (after some bumps and bruises in my pride).

So try it today, laugh, laugh, laugh...of course when it's appropriate! Otherwise you may worry people. I saw a quote recently, it said, "Smile, it confuses people!" lol!  Proverbs 15:13 says, "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance...". If anything, it'll make people wonder and possibly ask why you are so happy. What an opportunity to tell them Who is the source of your joy!

 Having kids is FREE entertainment!

Comments

Your Favorite Aunt Paula said…
This is GREAT! If you feel inclined, go to YouTube and watch/listen to Hilary Weeks do her song about all the things she does during a day. The title escapes me, but you'll know it when you find it. It's done to the tune of "Chop Sticks".
Kim said…
Oh I will! She sings from her soul and about real life. I love that! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!