My Extended Family

I have a wonderful family! Yes, I am proud. I have really cool relatives, at least I think so and that's all that matters! To give you a little history, my mom remarried when I was 15, so I'm not close to my biological father's family. In fact, I don't even really know them. However, that is not the case with my Dad's family. (My dad is really my step dad, but to me he is my real dad, so I don't refer to him as that). Anyhow, his family accepted my brother and I into the family as if we were born into it. They love us and consider us one of them. I love each of them so much and I am thankful they have big enough hearts with lots and lots of extra love for two little kids who needed a family.

 Aunt Paula with my kiddos

Taking it back a few years.With Grandma and Grandpa on vacation.

Aunt Paula at her writing desk with the kiddos

AZ familia, oh wait, except for my bro Daniel.

 Grandpa Norm :) (and RonJon)
 In addition to my Dad's family, I am so thankful for my Mom's side. We were fortunate to grow up together and have so many wonderful memories to share. Here are a few more pics:

 Clayton and Stacie

 Uncle Les, Auntie Lou, Clayton, Stacie, Levi, Myles and Elle

Sorry, Stacie, I couldn't resist! I love this girl so much! 

And of course, I love my brothers and my sister! I am so thankful for them and their families, well, Daniel, I'm thankful for Badu (his cat). 
Uncle Daniel and Ashley Jean
 Jeremy, me, Sarah and Daniel at my graduation

 In a hat shop in Mendocino, Ca

 Elle, Jacob, Myles, Marques, Ashley, Levi and Judah

 The adults

Papa, Grammy, Levi, Myles, Elle, Jacob, Ashley, Judah and Kaleigh or as we call her, Lou Lou. 
(in order of birth).

Finally, and I bet you thought I forgot! I am so, so, so, very thankful for my parents! In fact, I wouldn't be here without them :). I love them and I thank God everyday for them. They are awesome, they love God and they love their children, but I think they love their grandchildren more.

Comments

Ruby said…
I absolutely LOVED the pictures, Kim! Thank you for sharing such fond memories.
Beautiful post of your family (both sides).
I too am VERY thankful for your parents ;)
♥sis Ruby
Your Favorite Aunt Paula said…
CMEO! (Cry my eyes out). Thank you, Dear Niece Kim. Where would our family be without you and Jeremy? Both you and Jeremy AND your families are a BLESSING and an integral part of the Carlson Clan. Team Family, RAH!
Kim said…
I love it! Team Family! We need to create a cheer :). And I really like "Your Favorite Aunt Paula" part. My are you ever creative! I miss you and look forward to seeing you soon. I'll email you soon :). Thank you, love you more!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!