"Make New Friends"

Here is a little song I have heard several times, not in its entirety, but the beginning. Apparently, it is a Girl Scouts song. I searched for an author but did not find one.

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be

Friendship has always been very important to me. From a little girl, I made friends with anyone. Literally. Once, when I was a toddler, my mom lost me in a store only to find me chatting away with a little old man, minutes later. I thrive on people and relationships, I need others to make my life complete. As Bishop Wilson is known to say, "No man is an island to himself." For me, that would mean insanity!
Over the last year and a half, we moved from California to Washington, from Washington to Oregon. I have no complaints as God has a purpose in it all. However, I will say, He provided friends along the way to make the journey so much easier. My "old" friends have not forgotten me, and my "new" friends welcome me. I couldn't ask for more. I know relationships can be complicated and there are times we need to move on, but God has been so faithful to me when it comes to friends.So thankful for my "gold" and "silver" treasures today!

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a precious friend!! Love ya!!
Lauren Bertram
Kim said…
Lauren, you are one of the friends I had in mind when I wrote this, this morning! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!