Life's Simple Pleasures

Yesterday, before I left to pick Ashley up from school, I decided to bring her some hot cocoa. Being that it was foggy and quite cold outside, hot cocoa seemed like the perfect accompaniment. So, we get in the car and I tell her, "Ash, I made you some hot chocolate!" She smiles and says, "yumm...". After a few minutes of sipping her hot cocoa she says, "You know, I like hot chocolate but what I really want is coffee, do you have any?" What? I burst out laughing! She wants coffee? Oh boy, what have I created? Like mother like daughter, I suppose!

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I LOVE coffee. I just can't deny. However, I am a little picky. I probably wouldn't be so picky if it weren't for my dear friend, Javawn. Yes, I blame her. Her and her husband are the coffee experts and they ruined me, I can't just drink your average coffee anymore. It also doesn't help that I live in Portland, where you can get REAL coffee, everywhere. In fact, if you are ever in Portland (I think Seattle has them too), I admonish you to try Stumptown Coffee. Many coffee houses here in Portland also serve Stumptown Coffee.



Everyone has their weaknesses, coffee happens to be mine. It was quite funny when I lived in Wenatchee, my little nephews, Jacob and Judah knew of my addiction. One morning, while getting the kids ready for school, both of the boys came into the kitchen. Now these two are like clock work, they wake up (at least when I was there) with the chickens and want to eat right away. Since I was in the kitchen already, I gave them some breakfast. With their food, I gave them each a cup of apple juice. As I handed Jacob his, he said, "Mmm I love apple juice" and I replied, "It's good, huh?" He gave me a funny look and said, "You don't like apple juice, Aunt Kim." I said, "You're right, I really don't". Then Judah piped up and said, "No, you like copies (coffee)!" I laughed, even my three year old nephew knew me!

So today I am thankful for coffee! One of life's simple pleasures...now don't get me started on chocolate, we'd be here all day!

Comments

Ruby said…
OMGdness, Kim, don't get me started on coffee!! I absolutely love coffee! I love it so much the theme in my kitchen is coffee ;]P
Sean learned how to make my coffe because he compared it to the color on my walls... HAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLOL!!! SERIOUSLY! lol *sigh*
"so sad, so sad... ;)"
Coffee, what an amazing creation, lol... I always thank God for the coffee bean tree He so graciously blessed us with...

Haha, lol...
Kim said…
LOL! I love it! We are an unique breed, us coffee drinkers! We can sniff it out anywhere :). Yes, thank God for the coffee bean tree, ooh and the cocoa bean tree (however you spell it).
Ruby said…
You're right the cocoa bean tree, lol...
Sometimes I go around and just want to lick my walls ;]P haha!

Sad, I know...
Kim said…
LOL! you have me rolling Sis. Ruby! Do you see the word HERSHEYS inscribed into your wall too?

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!