The Art of Being Thankful

Ah November, how I love thee! You bring me my favorite holiday: Thanksgiving! To celebrate, each day this month (hopefully), I will bring you a post stating the things/people/places, etc., that I am thankful for. Yesterday, I stated I am thankful for ALL of my friends. There will be no specific order to my posts, just what pops into my head.

Fortunately, I have A LOT to be thankful for. However, for me, it is not only about the what but the why. The bible tells us that we should be, Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Eph. 5:20. Being thankful should be a way of life. This is the art of thankfulness: being thankful in good times and in, not so good times.
I am thankful in it all. You know why? Because I have God. My hope is in Him and I know He is holding my hand through times of peace and in times of trial. Therefore, the core of my thankfulness is Jesus Christ my Savior. For in him we live, and move, and have our being... Acts 17:28.

Thank you, Jesus, for being the center of my joy!


Thank You God
DesiComments.com | God | Forward this Picture

Comments

Ruby said…
I have much to be thankful myself. If I could only begin to write all that God has brought me through and all that HE has brought me from. I will forever be greateful toward my precious Saviour... For in HIM my life is complete.

I will also try and post my daily thanksgiving, not on any one thing but what has transpired in my daily routine or what 'POPS' into my head, lol...
LvYa♥, sweet Kim
'I/We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in my/our prayers; 1 Thessalonias 1:2
Kim said…
Yes, please do Sis Ruby! I would love to read everything you have to be thankful for.
And anything we can do to honor Jesus, is wonderful in my book! I believe He is pleased when we are thankful even in the little things!

Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!