In the Spirit of Thankfulness

Today seemed to blaze past in a flurry of excitement, as always on Sundays. Therefore, I did not have much time to give you a quality post, and I likely will not have time tomorrow as I am scheduled to work at both schools (elementary and middle). In addition, I have lovely schoolwork to do. However, I have something on my heart that I feel the need to unload.

While at Sherwood Sanctuary this morning, Pastor Mallory mentioned that next Sunday we will be having a "Thankful" service. He also mentioned this at New Wine Sanctuary this afternoon.This involves testifying about our thankfulness to God for what He has done over this last year. Now I can tell you all day long why I am thankful, but testifying? Oh man, I felt my pulse began to race, my palms immediately became sweaty, and I think I missed the rest of his announcement. I find it so much easier to write it down than to speak it out. I know, testifying is our way of giving glory to God. Yes, I have heard it my entire life so you would think I'd be okay with it. But I am not. Sorry, I cringe at the thought. But I will do it! First, you will be my guinea pigs, though. I will write my testimony out on my blog and that way, either I'll have it memorized and I won't freeze from fright or I will read it. Yep, simply, read it!
 Or cry on my mommy's shoulder?

I will do my best to be brief, but I have so much to be thankful for that it is hard to put into a few paragraphs. Many of you know we left Sacramento in June of 2010 and moved to Wenatchee, Washington. As to not bore you with details, we basically needed to start over and build our lives again. My husband lost his job, we lost a house and we had felt like we were loosing hope. We have family in Washington and it seemed like a good place to rebuild. This lasted for seven months, and I do not regret moving there, though it was obvious that God wanted us elsewhere. Every door we tried seemed to close, my husband applied for more jobs than there are weeks in a year and the one job that supposedly "hired" him, seemed to vanish. Those seven months were some of the greatest and hardest times of my life. When you hear how a goldsmith keeps returning the gold to the fire to get a purer gold, well, I felt like that piece of metal. However, I know God had a plan in it all. We grew during this time in areas we did not realize we had room to grow. Not saying we had already arrived, but rather, God showed us that we had abilities we did not know we possessed. I am very thankful for that time.

In February of 2011, God opened a door. Out of all those applications and resumes Ronnie sent out, he finally had a response. Now this isn't your average, everyday response either. After speaking with the headhunter for the company, we discovered that this job was with Wells Fargo. That is who Ronnie worked for for nearly ten years while in Sacramento. He was hired after a brief phone interview, with a little help from his friends. (Many of his former colleagues still work for Wells and highly recommended him). And within a week, we were moving to Portland, Or. If ever I doubted God's will in our lives, it was not then. Doors began to open left and right. We began to look for a house and found one within four weeks. My children transitioned into their new schools and church. Since we have been here we have seen God not only bless us, but bless others around us. Brand new souls have been added to the church because God positioned us in the right place at the right time.  I do not know where He will lead us from here, but I know that He has placed us here... for such a time as this (Esther 4:14).

Through all this I have learned that people will balk and say negative things, things like we are not in God's will or we are running from something, etc., but I choose to ignore their words, instead focusing on what God is telling me. He says, "Reach out to me child, hold my hand, though the way may be rough I will never let go". There is a song we sing in church that goes like this,

Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
I’ll go with Him, with Him all the way.


No matter where He leads me, I will follow. If I am to stay here, then here I will be. As my pastor says, we aren't his saints, we are God's. I am so thankful for the ministry, the vision and the family of God that we have been placed in. I know we are loved. I have found this to be a place of healing and growth. It is like home away from home. Pastor and Sister Mallory carry the same Spirit and vision as our Bishop and Pastor in Sacramento. It is all for the kingdom! So this year, among so many other things, I am thankful to New Wine Sanctuary for reaching their hands and hearts out to a family whose only desire is to please God.


Life is a journey we must all travel, it is Who you are traveling for that matters.

Comments

Ruby said…
Beautiful testimony, Kim. God has done a tremendeous work in your lives and all glory goes to Him. What an aweswome God we serve!!
I understand your feelings but every sacrfice of praise, is worth giving for our God. He will be pleased ;)
I will pray for you, young lady. God will bless your humble efforts.
Be Blessed; sis Ruby
Kim said…
You are absolutely right! Giving God glory is my passion, not that testifying is the easiest avenue in which to do that, but I'll be alright! I do cherish your prayers though :)!
Thank you for your kind words, God is so faithful!
Your Favorite Aunt Paula said…
You did a great job, Kim. And the photo at the end is priceless. Love,
Kim said…
Thank you, Aunt Paula. I love that picture of Ashley Jean. It just seemed appropriate for how my life has been this last year :)

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!