Fir Point Farms

Today was Ashley's first official field trip! Not only that, she rode the bus for the first time! Of course, I joined her, wishing later that I would have drove. However, I made the best of it and did not tell her that the bus was SO stuffy and stinky, that I was on the verge of loosing my breakfast.
We went to this great farm in a town called Aurora, named Fir Point Farms. In addition to pumpkins, they have apples, corn, live stock and wonderful places for the kids to play. They have this cool little building in which the kids can climb into and play in hazelnuts. And did you know that Noah's Ark landed in Aurora, Or.? Well, a miniature version a least.

 We went through a corn maze, drank fresh apple cider (delish!), held chicks, petted a calf, a goat and tried to pet a sheep. We also got to see three of the cutest piglets ever! Made me want to go read Charlotte's Web!



 Each child and parent chaperon picked a pumpkin to take home. Within about five minutes, Ashley found hers. A lover of ALL things tiny, here was her pick:
 We watched the lady made cider (how they used to make it) with a cider press. She told us that it takes 820 apples to make one gallon of apple cider! Now that is a TON of apples!
Of course, I had to buy some for the others back home :). Unfortunately, when I went into the store, they had so many other yummy things like pumpkin and apple cider donuts! (Not together). I couldn't decide which would be better so I bought both.
The day would not be complete without a picture with mom:
 I sure love spending time with my littlest turkey!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So cute!!!
Jess N.

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!