A Surprise for My Kiddos!

Just for a few brief hours yesterday, we were blessed with my dear cousin, Stacie's presence! She and her mom were on their way south to my parents and stopped to share hugs and coffee. I did not tell my kids just in case they didn't get the chance to see them. So when Stacie showed up at their school with me to pick them up, the most beautiful scene followed. I am still kicking myself that I didn't grab my phone and record it!
Myles came out first and saw Stacie, came running with eyes opened wide and a huge smile on his face. Then came Elle, with a response that brought tears to all our eyes. She was walking and chatting with a friend. When she saw Stacie, she was a good 30 or 40 feet away, ran with all her might, eyes as wide as half dollars, saying, "Stacie, Stacie, Stacie!", flew into Stacie's arms and literally wrapped herself around Stacie as if to never let go! This display of love was so precious and I wish I could have captured it. Her excitement will forever be burned into my memory. Her love for Stacie and the relationship they have is incredible.
Thinking about Elle and Stacie takes me back a few years to when Stacie and I were younger. Stacie is 15 years younger than I. When she was born, I knew in my heart she was MY little girl. Okay, I did share her with her mom when I had to. But really, she and I had and still have a bond that goes very deep. She went everywhere with me! I often think now how amazing it was for her mom to trust me so much! When Stacie wouldn't let her mom do her hair, off she went to "Nimmy's" (her endearing term for Kimmy) to get her hair done. Anywhere I went, she wanted to go, the "doefy doe" (grocery store), shopping (while purposely getting lost so that her name could be announced over loud speaker), Dairy Queen (where I worked) and my house, where she practically lived. Those are all precious memories to me! I am so thankful for those times because they laid the foundation for our relationship that I cherish to this day!
When I see Stacie with my kids, I see the same love we share and I am so thankful that she is in their lives! We love you Stacie~Lynne Abigayle Wyatt Carlson Marquez! 
Stacie and Elle Belle
 Stacie and Elle (at about 4 weeks old)
 Thanksgiving with my little girl
 My little flower girl
Holding on and never letting go!

Comments

Fox & Willow said…
Ok, I just had a little tear fest while reading this post and reminiscing about all of the wonderful memories I have as a little girl, whether it was spending the night with you or going over your house and eating your mom's spaghetti on Sunday afternoons. Those are the memories that you'll never forget and they truly mean so much, especially as you get older and things change. I feel the same exact way about your kids, I want those same kinds of memories that I have as a child! I love your kiddos so stinkin' much, each of them are so very special to me! I'm glad you posted that little story about Elle, it was so precious and I will never forget it. I get all emotional when I think about it, and I told your mom about it today, too. =) Love you all, sorry for the mega long comment here.
Kim said…
Try being the one writing it! I was blinded by tears most of the time and words were blurring in front of me! Just remember one thing, no matter where you go or live, our love for you will NEVER change, it will only grow stronger!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!