Monday Randomness

One thing I am not (or at least try not to be) is a complainer! I give optimism my best shot, sometimes falling a bit short, but usually make it. With Sundays being my favorite day of the week and Mondays my least favorite, I try to get full to the brim with joy on Sunday as I fall slip into Monday.
However, today has been quite productive :). With a little time on my hands in the morning while Ashley is at kindergarten, I seemed to get a jump start on my day. I went to Target to pick up some household items, went to the gym (ymca), came home and planned my week of dinners! Wowzers! I can't believe I actually planned meals! Misha, you are rubbing off on me!
Now this is not to say I don't plan, but cooking is my least favorite thing to do in a day. I prefer to bake so if my family could live off bread, desserts and anything else that doesn't require slaving over the stove, I would be one happy momma!
What's on the menu tonight, you ask? Homemade Tortilla Soup! I am borrowing bits and pieces from a few different recipes including one from my dear friend, Javawn, while adding my own touch. I'll post pictures of my creation tonight so I feel like Martha Stewart. So I am off to the grocery store with my list for the week (I created that this morning too). Ahh..I am basking in the glory of a day well planned..for once!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??