Chores and getting your kids excited about them!

In my previous post I mentioned I have my kids do chores. While reading a blog I follow, Nie Nie Dialogues, I saw a nifty way to assign chores. She had a jar or some sort of container and in it she placed ping pong balls with various chores written on them. I thought, "wow, what a cool idea!" So, I set out to try it and folks, it works!
On each ball I wrote things that I would have my kids do (i.e. dust downstairs, garbage, etc.) and I also included some that said, "trade a chore with your sibling" or "Hug your brother/sister and say I love you". This made it more fun! Not that my kids need to be told to love one another but it breaks up the monotony of chores. They each choose four balls and set forth to complete the task. I find we get more accomplished if we have fun while working!

*For those of you unfamiliar with Nie Nie Dialogues, you would find it worthwhile to take a look. I do not know her personally but she survived a near fatal plane crash.  She blogs about how she deals with life now. I find her very inspiring, especially when I am having a not so great day.

Comments

Ruby said…
Love it, Kim! Thanks for sharing :)
Kim said…
You are most welcome! I'm glad to help and if I discover any other exciting ways to clean, I'll be sure to share.

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!