A Cure for a case of Forgetfulness!

Since returning to school, we've had a few cases of forget-i-tis! At first, I chalked it up to "so many things happening at once" syndrome, but then when it happened more frequently, I knew we had to do something to cure it! I mentioned this issue on Twitter and a friend suggested making a list. Splendid idea! So I created one for morning and evening routine, put it on bright green paper and laminated it. After each item is completed, they are to initial or if they choose, they can do one big initial indicating the completion of all tasks. This morning I checked the list and this is what I discovered:




We got a good laugh out of this for it portrayed each of my kids' personalities! Levi initialed every item, my careful sheriff who is detailed oriented and meticulous. Elle wrote me a note letting me know she did everything, my journalist. Ashley wrote one big initial and characterized it with a face and hair, my playful child. And sweet Myles, who felt it wasn't necessary to even right his name (or initial) because he told me he did everything...why waste the time writing when you have more important things to do like sleeping on the couch while everyone is getting ready! Got to love my kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!