As Promised...pictures!

Okay, so here are a few pictures of my soup. My recipe is not really a traditional recipe so I will not be posting measurements and such. Rather, I will tell you what I put in it. I started with a broth, I prefer "Better than Bouillon"





After creating the broth, I sauteed the chicken with a little olive oil, garlic and onion.

Setting this aside, I add the beans, zucchini, corn and olives. I used kidney beans, pinto beans and a little bit of chili beans. Now if I were really Martha Stewart I would have cooked the beans all day, but because I'm not, I opened a can :).




Combining the beans, veggies and chicken into the broth (which I added a few spices), I let it cook for a little bit then I made a masa/water paste and added it to the soup.




While this was cooking, I made some rice (just white rice tonight, folks), then when it was done I put it in a bowl,




Poured a ladle full of the soup over the rice,

added some sour cream and pico de gallo. The soup was actually a tad thicker than the picture portrays. The only thing I forgot was the avocados! 




The following is a picture my husband wanted me to take of his water and eaten apple. As I was taking pictures to put on my blog, he wanted to know why I was taking pictures. I said it was for my blog and he wondered why. I told him because I can! Well, then he too, wanted to be a part of what I was doing so he asked  me to take this picture for you all! Enjoy! 




Comments

Ruby said…
OMGdness.... Men! ;] LOL
Kim said…
lol, goober huh? That's why I love him :)

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!