WELCOME 2012!

Oh how I love thee 2012! I have no idea what you will bring but I am up for the challenge. I am certain there will be many changes this year. I am okay with that, even the not-so-good changes. Why? Because I know WHO holds my hand. There is not an inkling of a doubt in my mind that whatever happens this year, God doesn't already know and have completely planned out. And I trust Him! He knows what I need better than me. What a blessed assurance!

I have such a peace about this coming year. In fact, just today I was listening (well, my girls were listening and I heard it) to a Francesca Battistelli song, and the words hit me. These were the words I heard:
I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
I’m losing control
Of my destiny
It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go

This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace

The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone


As I listened, my mind swirled. Wow! This is a key ingredient to life as a successful Christian. Letting go of what I planned to do with my life and fully embracing what God planned for me. So this year, I'm letting go...of fear of the unknown, my insecurities, feelings of inadequacy and the constant turmoil of trying to justify things I say or do. I have no need to carrying these feelings because I am a child of God and my life is securely in His hands. He is my fortress, my strength, AND my judge. In addition, I am letting go of judgmental thoughts towards others (sorry if you thought I was perfect, I try, but honestly, some people worry me). And while I am letting go of these negative thoughts that control me, I am going to embrace LOVE! God's love conquers all and that is what I want dwelling in me. His love will purge all the negative feelings.

This past year, I reached out to those that I felt had aught against me. I have asked for forgiveness. It's over. I'm moving on. I'm letting go...Welcome 2012, the year of moving up higher to an even greater victory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!