25 Days until Christmas!!

I had to laugh at Ashley yesterday. She asks me everyday, "How many more days until Christmas?" (I am sure all you parents are getting the same question). Well, I told her since the day was almost over it was about 25 days until Christmas. She said, "Oh yay! 25 is my favorite number, I couldn't wait until there were 25 days left!" Huh? Lol! Okay, that was random. Then she said, "Now I can't wait until there are 3 days until Christmas, because 3 is my other favorite number!" Oh, if only life was so simple...my favorite number, if I had one, would be 8:30 pm (bedtime). lol.

Anyhow, I am so excited for Christmas this year. We will be spending Christmas with my parents, in their new home, making new memories, and that is super-de-duper exciting! My mom did not make Thanksgiving dinner this year, as she was in Arizona. So she said she was going to make a feast at Christmas AND she wanted to make it ALL! YES!!! That is so AWESOME! You know why? I'll let you in on a little secret, I do not enjoy cooking. Sorry if my perfect housewife image just went out the door, really hate to disappoint you all, but I don't. However, I love to bake, so I volunteered to make ALL the desserts. Now, wasn't that kind of me? I'll be posting the results, don't you worry!

Staying with my tradition, we decorated the day after Thanksgiving. Not a day before, not a day after. And I don't take it down until after New Years Day. So, last Friday, Ronnie and the boys went down to the garage and brought up my "Christmas" boxes. I got busy and the kids helped between playing the wii and the computer. As I was going through my decorations, I realized I did not like some of them. And I also realized, I did not have a tree. My mom has a tree, she offered it to me but she lives four hours away and I was not about to drive there to retrieve it. Off to Target I went, picked me up some new decorations and a tree. Now the tree is not very big (I'm holding out for after Christmas sales to get what I really want) but I like it.  Here is the top of the tree:

And here is Miss Ashley Jean, later that night, asleep :)
I have a really big window in my kitchen. I love this window, and now I love it even more with my peppermint lights: 
 And of course, Christmas is not Christmas without the manger. This is Elle and Ashley's favorite decoration, the little stable plays "Away in the Manger". That is the song Ashley will be singing in our upcoming Children's Musical (that will be another post). 
 So what are some of your decorations? What about traditions? Do you decorate before or after Thanksgiving? Here is who is currently under our tree, but I believe he will get the boot as presents are wrapped and placed under the tree. 
 Yep, Thomas the Train

Happy December 1st, to you all! Let the spirit of Christmas sweep into your home, and enjoy the season!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!