The Sequel!!! Acts continued......

We had another fabulous service at the Rock church tonight. There is never a dull service, and tonight was no exception. Worship service was great, then we were blessed by the band Niemann Ave. Might I say, they were fantastic! I am not being biased either, even though the awesome drummer in the band also happens to be my cousin! (Musical talent flows in our family like water) Nate French did an incredible song about Calvary from Pilate's point of view, then the band did a song they wrote called "Mysterious Maker." They did a wonderful job, and I felt the anointing in their song. It makes a difference, regardless of music styles, when you sing or play in the Holy Ghost. With that in mind, we now go into the preaching. Pastor Young(who also happens to be one my favorite preachers, along with Bishop) preached about the Holy Ghost. Now this wasn't your typical "You need the Holy Ghost" message. This was "Do you realized who is dwelling in your heart and life?" God, Father, Lord, Holy Ghost, Comforter, Peace Maker, and the list goes on...they are all one in Jesus Christ. There are many scriptures that prove this, but 2 from our current study in quizzing are Gal. 4:5-6, (5) One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism (6)One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. What a humbling thought! To put into a few words the message, and I quote Pastor Young " the Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ in you" And we are the church that was started in Acts, continued (the reason for the message title "The Sequel"). I have had the Holy Ghost now for 27 years, yes, I was 6 years old when I received it. ( So much for keeping my age a secret) The thought of God the Father, Savior of the world, Creator of all things, the same one who died for all men, living in my life and willingly guiding my life for the last 27 years amazes me. It makes me think of an old song "Jesus be the Lord of All" and that is exactly my prayer!

Comments

TRC Rockers said…
Yes, last night was awesome! On a lighter note however, you have had the HG longer than I have been alive!!! Goodnight grandma!
Kim said…
Jessica-I may be older, but I still have my mind. last night? that was tonight dearie, it is 11:30 pm 6/22/08.
We had an incredible service last night and yes it was last night too. We had an incredible Sunday altogether. The Morning speaker talked about that verse in the bible
He made known his ways unto Moses, and his acts unto the children of Isreal. Don't know where it is found for sure. But he talked about in the Hebrew dictionary the word ways means to know their habits, and how moses had such a relationship with God that Moses knew all of Gods habits (like a spouse knows the other spouses habits) and how Moses was so close to God they argued. Moses had this closeness to God because he had a deep hunger for God and always kept that deep Hunger, where the children of Isreal just wanted the acts. Anyways and then Sunday night we had an incredible worship service and the choir sang the song (hallelujah anyhow), after that the church went wild. And it just got better. It must be going around.

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!