Do you remember? (In addition to my last post)

Just out of curiosity, who remembers the day/night they got the Holy Ghost? I was, as I mentioned before, six years old. I don't remember the exact date, though I think it was sometime in May. My great-grandma, Oma Ellis, was preaching a sectional Ladies Day at our church. At altar call I went up with my mom and before I knew it, I was crying and speaking in tongues. I remember the feeling, the people(including my mom) who prayed with me, and how my great-grandma came down from the platform and prayed for me too. So tell me, what do you remember?

Comments

I was told I got it at an extremely young age. We were having an incredible service and the prescence of God was so powerful that you would have to be dead not to feel it. Well I was sitting on grandam's lap while she was praying and pretty soon she heard me babbling, she thought I was playing like kids do for a second and then realized it was real. I don't remember that I do remember getting it at 5, And ever since then.
None said…
LoL...I remember Pastor De Loa asking me if I've "spoken in tongues yet" at Taco Bell...LoL
Fox & Willow said…
I got the Holy Ghost when I was about 11 years old. The feeling was indescribable, it will be forever etched in my memory. I remember the wonderfully pure feeling I had, nothing will ever come close to that moment in my life. After the service we went to In-N-Out, it's funny how kids remember these minor details. LOL
Kim said…
Danielle_ wow, that's Elle's age. it is so precious seeing little ones seek for the Holy Ghost and receiving it.
Daniel-LOL! you and food, can't separate the two, even when it comes to getting the Holy Ghost.
Stacie-I remember when you got the Holy Ghost, I think my mom called me and told me. It is awesome and to think we can go into his presence at any given moment and feel that same feeling.
Vonney said…
I got the Holy Ghost at 6 also.. I was almost 7. At Vacation Bible School on a Wednesday! (:
Kim said…
Yvonne, that is so neat that we were both six, I am learning all kinds of wonderful things having this blog! VBC... I loved vacation bible school when I was little, I think our church should have one, hummmm...

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!