Family Trip to Arizona and Back!

So, in case you're wondering, I didn't fall off the planet. Nope, we were on vacation. My family, including my parents, took a 3000 mile journey to visit my precious grandfather who lives in Arizona. It was incredible! I did not want to come home. Well, I did want to come home because I prefer my own bed to that of hotels, but the fun was never-ending! AND, I knew I had school awaiting me when I got home...*sigh*...was not looking forward to reality!

I will begin our journey on the day we left. On Friday, March 23, we drove to my parents house in Coos Bay, Or., stayed the night with them and left out early the next morning. Destination: Fallon, Nevada. Of course, things NEVER go as planned. We left an hour later than we intended, took way too many stops (8 people in one car not on same restroom schedule?? Imagine that!), and arrived in Fallon (after getting a little off track) late that night, um, I think around 8 or 9. We got a bite to eat at this great diner. If you are ever in Fallon, NV. eat at Jerry's, seriously, it's awesome.

Next morning, on the road again, heading for Phoenix. Now, this was a very long day! Nevada is a state with hot spots. What I mean by that is, you have Reno, Carson City, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe and a few other major spots. Then you have Tonopah, Hawthorne, Area 51 (Amargosa Valley), and a menagerie of other "if you blink you'll miss them" towns. But what is crazy, is people live there! They are out in the middle of NOWHERE! I found myself feeling depressed for those people, but I supposed they wouldn't live there if they didn't like it. We made a stop in Tonopah for gas and while there, Myles ran into a girl in his class. Strange, I know, really, what are the odds??

We stopped to eat in Las Vegas, not downtown though, just on the outskirts. When we finally got back on the road, it was around 6 pm (maybe a little later). Finally, we got into Phoenix around 11 pm...Phew! What a day! Unfortunately, during this leg of the trip, my little Elle Belle got sick. Fever, cough, runny nose, it was so sad! It took her until Tuesday to feel better, so the next couple days I didn't do much except hang around the house (we rented a vacation home) and nurse her.

However, even though I was playing nurse, a real nurse came to visit me! My wonderful friend, Dawn Bolding and her family came for a visit. They live in Winslow which is about 3 hours north east of Phoenix. They were planning to come down and then the night before received a call that their former pastor was in the hospital in Scottsdale. So their trip became two-fold. And I was so excited to see them! We had an awesome time visiting and laughing and eating and laughing and well, you get the idea! 

So I've brought you up to Tuesday, I'll continue tomorrow...I'll leave you with a few pictures :)

Dawn and I

Grandpa and Ronnie :)

Our family with Grandpa, minus Elle, who was in bed sick :(

Aunt Paula and a barely dressed Ashley. Sorry, she was outside, hot and full of sand. I took her top and skirt off to try and clean her up a bit. We had quite a few issues with the whole cast thing in the sand!!

My bro and I. I am so glad he was able to come, however, we would have loved it more if he could have brought his better half and his children! Hopefully, next time! 

Dad and Grandpa :)

Stay tuned...more of our trip and some pictures to come...

Comments

Tena said…
Yay! I'm so excited you are finally posting about your trip! I've been checking here every day. Lol! This first day was awesome! I love your writing and your personality. Looking forward to more! Love you!
Kim said…
Aw thank you, Tena...I wanted to start the day I got home but I had to jump right into school :(. I'll post more tomorrow. Hint, it's about you :)! ♥ you!
Josiah Aston said…
So funny that we saw you in Oregon after you went to Arizona ...and now the rest of my family is in Winslow right now! Looks like you had a great trip!
Kim said…
Josiah,
Yes, it was good to see you guys! That's funny about your family being in Winslow! Have you had the opportunity to go there yet? Thank you, we did have a wonderful time!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!