A letter to the "Tooth Fairy" and "Clay People"

There are times my household seems rather, well, boring. Not much happening. Going through the day without any hiccups or surprising events. Then we have days where everything happens at once. For instance, yesterday. It seemed like a normal day until after school.

I picked the kids up from school and headed to the dentist. Levi had an appointment to have his sealants done. We get there and they discovered he had a small cavity! Now, this may not be a big deal to others, but he has never had a cavity. That meant he had to be numbed. He was totally not expecting this! But, he was a trooper. No whining or complaining. He handled it like a pro! Though I hope he doesn't have to do it again.

Then we finally get home (after a quick stop for slushies at sonic for 1/2 price, score!). Kids worked on homework, played for a time, then I started working on dinner. While I was doing that, I decided to call my favorite Aunt Paula. She called me on my birthday but our schedules conflict, so I was just able to get back to her last night. I was on the phone not more than two minutes when Ashley comes flying into the kitchen screeching that she had lost her tooth. (Now mind you, every time on get on the phone, things go awry. Hence the reason I prefer to text.) Now Ashley had been hoarding this tooth since before Christmas. It has literally been hanging. She wouldn't let anyone touch it. Well, it took an small accident (she hit her mouth with a toy) for the tooth to finally come out. Of course, she wanted to put it under her pillow. Unfortunately, she has been hearing things from her older siblings about the tooth fairy being broke (truth is truth, right??) or that she's not collecting teeth anymore, yada yada...not cool at all! Her last tooth she wanted to keep. I told her she had to ask the tooth fairy first. So a phone call to the tooth fairy ensued. But this time she wanted money. And she was so worried about it that she decided to write a letter: 
Thankfully, the tooth fairy pulled through!

Now the next few pictures are for my friend, Jessica. A couple days ago, I went to dollar tree and got my girls these little cardboard dollhouses. Kind of like the old paper doll effect. Well, in addition to the paper people, my girls used clay and made little people, furniture and decorations. I thought it was pretty cute! I was listening to them play and hearing all their little people's names. One name stood out, Elle's baby's name was Cruz. I found this interesting because Elle hasn't met Cruz yet, she's only seen pictures. But he is the baby brother to one of her dearest friends, Isabelle. Even though we've been away for going on two years, Elle still holds her friend dear in her heart.  
There is Cruz in his little crib next to his "momma" (the little paper doll)

Pretty cute, huh?

Comments

Tena said…
I LOVE this post! Adorable little house and clay people.

Did the tooth fairy come through for her? ;-)
Kim said…
Thank you! My girls are so imaginative. I enjoy it so much!
And, yes, the sweet tooth fairy gave her a dollar :)
Ruby said…
http://toothfairy.capturethemagic.com/
Kim, this is a Website where you take a picture of your child sleeping, upload it, and pick a Tooth Fairy to stick in your picture. Proof that the Tooth Fairy was at your house!!!
lol... Thought it was cute ;)
Kim said…
Oh my word, how cute! I'll have to try that next time :)...Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!