Knowledge is Power!

And my avenue for gaining power is mostly through READING!! I LOVE to read! I will go on reading binges where I can read for hours. I call it a reading marathon and I'm the only contestant :). So of course, I come out the winner! Thankfully, my children have inherited this same passion (well one of them has latent passion, soon to be discovered I hope). We go to the library as often as we can, everyone except for Ashley has a library card. My rule: You read, you get a card, well, she doesn't read yet (not well enough anyhow). However, that rule is motivating her to focus on learning how to read. She knows as soon as she can read (alone) to me, she gets to sign up for her very own library card! Ahh the fortune! Until then she uses mine, just not the same, it doesn't have her name on it :). 

With the passion for reading comes the desire to share. So may I recommend a few of my favorites? Currently, I am reading The Holy Bible, When Ye Fast (Joy Haney), Shades of Blue (Karen Kingsbury), and In Bonds of Love (Bishop Nathaniel J. Wilson). The Bible is a great book to start with (and end with too!) if you want to gain power (hehe..had to throw that in). The next book, When Ye Fast I found at my mom's house when I was down there, and while it is a small book (lengthwise), it is powerful! Now I was asked recently if I fast often, the answer, not often enough hence the reason I am reading this book! I do not sit around thinking, "Oh boy, when can I fast next?" I am human after all! This book will make you want to fast though! When I realized the combination power of prayer, fasting and the word, wow, talk about AMAZING! Next book on the list, Shades of Blue, is not my favorite but Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors. Another Christian author I would recommend is Linda Chaikin. She writes christian historical fiction and I have read almost everything she authored. Now to the final book, which I have read a few times, but when I feel like I need to be reminded of the incredible love of my Master, I read In Bonds of Love by Bishop Wilson (who is, hands down, my favorite author). This book will change your life! Seriously!

Periodically, I'll post books I read and recommend. I may even post some that my husband recommends, as he too is a reading junkie! His recommendations are very different than mine but that might help you. One thing we like to do is read to our kids. He is reading bits and pieces of a book called, Outliers, The Story of Success to the kids right now. Some of it is a little above their heads, so he is selecting particular passages. So in addition to their own reading time, we take time to read together, and I can recommend several books that are fun, exciting, and life-changing to read together. You'll have them ready for bedtime faster, I can guarantee...because they'll want to hear the next chapter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!