Grow where you are planted!

In the book of Ecclesiastes, Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, wrote these words, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven." Eccl. 3:1. If you have ever done any planting or gardening, you know that particular fruits, veggies and flowers grow at specific times of the year. Each of those also have preferences to where they are planted, the soil they are in and how much sun and water they need.
I often liken my life to a plant. Sounds funny, I know, but it keeps me from going insane with all the changes that take place. Born and raised in California, it was culture shock for me when we moved to Washington. At that point, I was now a transplant learning to adjust to new soil and environmental conditions. Thankfully, my Master Gardener, put people in my life to cultivate and prepare me for such transitions before my move and then after. I learned that there are seasons in my life where I will sprout, grow, grow, grow and then maintain. How and what I produce is affected not only by others placed in my life to water and feed me, but in how I receive the food and water. If I open my leaves to the fresh, clean water and accept the wisdom and counsel then I will become what my Master Gardener desires of me. However, if I crumble under the drastic changes, then I will shrivel up and wither away.
After the shock of the initial transplant began to wear away, then up went the roots and I was moved to a new pot! This time to Oregon, which is where I am still. As I said before, God, my Master Gardener, places people in our lives to keep our soil rich and fertile, and here is no exception.
Like Solomon said, we all go through seasons and God has a purpose for each season we go through, but how we respond to each transplant or transition is our responsibility. We cannot always control the things that happen but placing our trust in the hands of the Master Gardener, will assure a beautiful outcome. I intend to grow where I am planted (or transplanted) :)!

Comments

Kim said…
Thank you! You can relate to this experience! And just look at the beauty God is bringing forth in your beautiful family!
Ruby said…
Not only do you feel adjustments in moving to a different location, but we can also feel the 'sting' of adjusments in situations and circumstances in our lives...
Im truly thankful that God is my Master Gardener during these times... or seasons ;)
Thx, Kim♥

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!