Mother's Day

Mother's day is a special day to honor the most important person in your life! I want to take a moment to say something about my mommy. First, she looks more like my sister than my mom. Second, she spoils my kids more than she ever spoiled me. Third, I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a mom myself, I now realize some very important things. Like, I will never again have a full night's sleep, my food is not my own, my clothing was made to be used as napkins, and my house will be clean (after my children are grown). The most important thing for me is to raise my children to Love God, Love the Word of God, Love the man of God, and the house of God. Fortunately for me, this is also what my mother taught me. Thank you Mom, you are a blessing in my life and I am honored to say you are my mother! I Love You, Happy Mother's Day.
Now for all the other mothers in my life, if I began to name them all, I would leave one out. So to just name a few, My Bishop's wife, Sis. Wilson and my Pastor's wife Sis. Young. The impact you have made and are still making in my life, is amazing. I want to follow your wisdom and direction because I see the proof in your own family. Thank you for loving us! To my friends who sometimes treat me (lovingly) as your daughter, Dawn, Denise, Becca, Javawn, my aunt Sherry and all the others, you know who you are! Thank you, I love you! Happy Mother's Day! All you other mommies out there, you are doing a fabulous job raising those babies. I love you!
This Mother's Day was a little difficult because I had two less cards to buy. Ronnie's grandma, who we all lovingly referred to her as Gram, passed away in February. In October of 2007, my grandma passed away. It didn't hit me though, until I actually went to get all the cards, how much I really miss them. Though I didn't get to see either one of them very often, there is still a ache in my heart from missing them. The saying " You don't know what you've got till it's gone" is very true, so please take time for the ones you love, because you don't know how much time you have with them.
Lastly, I want to wish my sister Sarah and my sis-in-laws (Paula, Michelle, and Danielle) a Happy Mother's Day too! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the lives of my nieces and nephews. I love them and you a ton!

Comments

Anna said…
Happy Mother's Day!!! You are doing a great mother. Love you! :)
Kim said…
awww...thanks Anna! I love you too! I can't wait till you have kids so I can spoil them with love!
Fox & Willow said…
Kim, I think you are the best mommy ever (except for my mommy of course)!! ;-) I love you so much and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!