Welcome Back!!

So, where have you been?? Did you fall off the planet? I sure have missed you! Ha! Just Kidding, it's me again...yes, I am back. I can't truly say I am ready to plunge in and blog again but I am here now.

My apologies for my absenteeism, life has a way of being distracting. UGH! It definitely is not that I don't have ANYTHING to blog about, certainly not! My life is chalk full of stories! Unfortunately, the stories do not stay in rhythm with time, time is always shorter. Another pain of life! If only I could freeze time, oh the things I could do, oh the places I could go, hey...that's a great book, by the way, Dr. Suess is A-MAZING!

Enough rambling, on to my kiddos, my favorite subject! Dr. Suess has nothing on me and the stories I can tell! In fact, I am thinking about authoring a book, yeah I know, that's random but true. Another post, though, sorry.

Soooo, back to my kids. Recently, we had school conferences. Of course, I heard all the wonderful and um, not so wonderful things about my children. I only remember the wonderful though :). Anyhow...back to topic, Myles wrote an awesome poem for me. He read this to us at his conference, I, of course, nearly cried, Ronnie just watched and grinned his funny little grin (He keeps me grounded!). Here is the content of his poem:

Mom and Dad, there's so much to thank you for...

For art, animals, Art Lit help, Arizona and advice
For baseball and basketball games, Biztown, my bike, books and my brother
For loud cheering and quiet talks
For classroom help, a car to ride in, caring, and for creative parents

Thank you for everything
For football, friends, Fun Run and field trips
For groundings, great birthdays, the Grand Canyon and grandparents
Thank you for grounding me when I don't listen to you

Thank you for your help
For Little John, life lessons, loving me and making me lunch
For parties, participation and patience
For warm summers and cool winters

Thank you for teaching me so much
For round trips, a roof over my head, reminders and helping me become responsible
For Sunday beef, sick days, sisters, sharing and sports
Thank you for teaching me to be respectful

Most of all...thank you for loving me,
Myles
(age 10, 5th grade)

Comments

Aunt Paula said…
That's a pretty tender, introspective poem from Myles.
Kim said…
I thought so as well, he is my sensitive one. He was struggling while reading it, a little misty-eyed!
Tena said…
OMW!!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Keep it forever! ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!