No One Can Touch You Like...

Jesus can. An old song we used to sing in church...

 Lately, life has taken some interesting turns. Not all bad, not all good...just turns. I haven't felt like blogging. Usually blogging is rather cathartic, but not right now. I think I have been overwhelmed.

It will be fine in the end. Why do I know that, you ask? Because my God has it all worked out. He's never forsaken me and He doesn't plan to. Yeah, I'm that confident.

Back to the song...it came to me the other night. A few weeks ago, I experienced something I haven't experienced in a long time. I extended my heart to someone, voiced my love for them and in return I received...nothing. Yep, that's right, I told someone dear to me that I loved them (for the record, I truly do, that hasn't changed) yet, it wasn't reciprocated. This may not be a big deal to some, but for me it was. It hurt. Bottom line.

I felt childish for thinking so, but it took me back to the time when I realized that my biological father was the least bit interested in me. It hurt, but I blocked the pain with anger. Since then I've let it go. So when this situation occurred it surprised me that I could feel that way all over again. However, now that I am older, I've learned that people fail but God doesn't. I asked God to take the pain away, that is when this song came to me, here are the words:
Life doesn't kiss away the pain
All the hurt you can't explain
When you're injured by a brother
But He takes you underneath His wings
He'll restore your broken dreams
He will love you like no other

No one can touch you like Jesus can
No one can give you peace you cannot understand
No one can bind your wounds with nail scarred hands
No one can touch you like Jesus can.

Hands that touched the blind the lame
Are now in so much pain
From nails that truly pierced them.
But from His side flows liquid love
It was a power from up above
It brings hope and Restoration. 

Comments

Agree and I sure like that song!
I sure like that song!
Ruby said…
Loved this post, sis Kim ;)
Yes, NO ONE can touch like Jesus can... What a sweet song and a beautiful message in the song itself.
Life has a way of setting us on a down ward slope, but CHRIST is there to keep us from complete distruction... His healing love of mercy so full of grace is almost worth all that the world wishes to bring...
Just be encouraged my dear young friend... He is a beautiful balm during our roughes times in life... He WILL NEVER leave you and He WILL NEVER forsake you... keep those promises in the for front of your heart and mind.
He is all that matters.
♥Ruby
Kim said…
Sis Dinwiddie~ Me too! And I often miss those old time, deep songs we used to sing. They speak truth!

Sis Ruby~ Thank you, I refuse to be bitter and stay down. God is bigger than any pain! He endured all on the cross so that I can be free. Love you much!
Tena said…
(((HUGS))) and ***KISSES*** ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!