The Year in Review

As this year draws to a close, and we embarked on another new year, another decade in fact, I thought I would go back and review the year for my readers. However, there is a problem, I can't remember every cool thing that happened. Or a least I can't remember them in order! Do you ever get get the holiday letters with your Christmas cards? The ones that go over the entire year and highlight all the important events? I love them and dislike them all at the same time. I love them because they're great memory keepers, but I dislike them because I CAN"T DO THAT!!! I can't remember! LOL! It's awful. Even my kids make comments. For example, I said, "Remember back in July we went to such and such place and it was pouring down rain and we got soaked just trying to get to the car?" And my kids look at me with this odd expression and Levi pipes up and says, "Mom, it doesn't usually rain in July around here, I think that was earlier this year." Oh yeah, duh! So if you got a letter from me it would give all the exciting things that happened but it wouldn't make any sense as to why we were hunting for Easter Eggs at the Fourth of July picnic!!! So for your sake I'll keep all the wonderful memories to myself, where they still make sense, and say Good-Bye 2009, and Hello 2010! (I'll just post some pictures of the things that took place, please don't ask me when!)

Comments

ithats so funny Kim!I know exactly what you mean, I can't remember anything, I think its called "mommy brain". If its not vital to your kids safety and well-being right this minute your brain just kicks it out. Thats why I take so many pictures its like an external hard drive for my noggin lol!
Kim said…
Exactly! You nailed it! Thank you, I now feel justified! Pictures are the best, they speak when words cannot! I'd like to see some more of your work, like maybe a picture of your girls, I hear they are adorable. I am planning a trip to Roseville(wow I sound like I am traveling to another state)to see a friend from high school, I'll let you know when I am coming maybe I can see you at the same time.
Cynthia said…
Kim, I spent some time reading your blog this morning and I really enjoyed it. I live in Little Rock, Ar. I think I linked over to you from Kaylie Long's blog. I'm 41 and have two children 6 and 11. I love your post about driving through McDonalds and asking about the occasion. I have had several of those myself and I can't help but crack up to hear that someone is a tad bit like me. I'm gonna bookmark and keep up. My blog is a little more about my photography vs. my personal life but I liked yours and could relate.
Kim said…
Cynthia, thank you for your kind remarks, there are times I feel like my blog is a place where I either unload or ramble about frivolous matters. I am glad someone can relate with real life! I have been to your blog several times. I happened upon it through Stacie Wyatt's blog who happens to be my cousin. I love looking at photography because I hope to one day soon take a class and learn a bit more so I can take pictures of my kids. I love capturing unique moments! You have some incredible shots on your blog, my girls and I especially like the babies! Thanks for stopping by, don't be a stranger! Take care!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!