BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

That is exactly how I feel about my blog right now! Nothing exciting is happening. At least if there is something going on I am blind to it. I have no profound thoughts (but then again, do I ever?), no new news, I haven't been anywhere unusual, my kids are normal (for the time being), and since the last ordeal with the mysterious person posting not so kind comments on my blog, I feel as though my bubble has been burst. Back to reality! I am a little nervous posting pictures of my kids, telling cute/funny stories, or just being free to post what is on my mind. I can't seem to figure out how to block my blog from people like that without blocking out others who are just curious, or friends from the past who happen upon my blog. I love having my blog, it is a little outlet for me. Maybe it is being a proud mommy or maybe it is a way to connect with other mommies, and relating to each other. Has this happened to anyone else? Why do I feel that a bit of freedom has been taken from me?

Comments

Melissa said…
I agree completely! I haven't had a lot happening around my house either. And your right too about being careful posting pics and telling stories. Unfortunately there are people out there who are more than just curious and a little too outspoken when it doesn't concern them. Makes those of us who use blogs as a way to keep up with out of town family members and old friends a little wary. And that's too bad for everyone.
Denise said…
well it's about time you updated it at all.
Janell said…
Hmmmm....what I'd do is just block them from being able to post comments. Moderate everyone's comments, and just don't post the ones that are potentially offensive. They are dorks anyway, Kim, keep blogging WE LOVE YOU!!! lol!!
chris gets real nervous about me putting the girls pix on the internet/blog...i just make sure they fully dressed...its sad, but it seems these days alot of our freedoms are being taken away from us...crazy, crazy time...and world.
Olga Johnson said…
Kim I am in troble...... I am in charge of our nursery and it is just out of control. I need ur help please :) You have done such a great job with the nursery at home....maybe u could give me some hints.....i need your help.....u could call me or email 201 562-7357
4my6kids@gmail.com
hope to hear from you soon.
Kari Morgan said…
I know how you feel, or sometimes there is SO MUCH going on you can't even pick anything out of the muddle to blog about. I am still torm about the whole blog thing...its just so convenient for friends to chat at their own leisure. How else could we look at pics of each others kids and "hang out" with friend miles and miles away. I think Janell is right. Just moderate, and as far as pics are concerned, use a photo program to at least mark your pics as personal property, that way, if they do get snagged, wherever they go people will know they were taken that way. I think that would deter a lot of quacks.
Kim said…
Kari~ I would be sad if I couldn't get online and see your beautiful children and how much they are growing and changing. With the blog I feel as if I am still part of their life. Miss you and love you tons!!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!