I'm Back!!

I have decided to resurrect my blog. The last time I blogged was in 2012...8 years ago. So much has changed. This year in particular has been the most interesting. Unless you are living under a rock, you know that we are living in the midst of a pandemic because of a virus called COVID-19. The world as we once knew has drastically changed. We are under a strict ordinance to "shelter in place" and we can only leave the house for essential services and needs. Church consists of logging on to a social media platform and "having church" in our homes. Many people are isolated and trying to stop the spread. Some have large families that are pulling together during this time. Schools are shifting to a distance learning platform. So many adaptations and changes for all of us to navigate. Our goal: to stay healthy and stop the spread of this horrific virus that has changed our world. 
On a personal level, my world has changed considerably in 8 years. My husband and I will celebrate 24 beautiful years in October. Our oldest son, Levi, now 20, is working up in Oregon. All those years of him telling us that he wants to be a "worker man" and work in the dirt, well those dreams came true. He operates heavy equipment and plays in the dirt. Myles, who is now 18, is a designer and runs his own online clothing business called Digwillow. He is also a barista at a local coffee shop. Both boys have graduated from high school and are now pursuing their dreams. Elle graduated in December and should be having a graduation ceremony in May. Unfortunately, this will be taking place virtually. She is 17 and is a barista at Starbucks. Ashley is now 14 and is learning to enjoy homeschooling for the first time in her life. 
I'm not sure if this blog will take any particular direction or if it will be a combination of ideas, thoughts, and events. I won't limit myself. So cheers to blogging again!! 

Comments

Ruby said…
I’m so glad you have decided to open your blog once again.
I’ll be a regular and most definitely be a loyal fan.
Looking forward to your next entry!
Kim said…
Ruby, I love you and I am so thankful for you! Your support means so much! Now that I have finally navigated this blog thing again, I figured out how to moderate my comments! YAY!! I will do my best to post weekly!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!