Till we meet again...Great Nanny

Yesterday, the family of Maggie D. Burke, affectionately known as Great Nanny, celebrated her life and her much awaited homecoming. This remarkable woman of God was ready to meet her Lord and Savior. In fact, her granddaughter, Javawn (which happens to be my dearest friend) said that she had actually packed her suitcase and tried to "go to heaven". She was ready. As much as we will miss her, heaven is having a party. A saint has come home. It is assuring to know that I will one day meet with her again in that sweet bye-and-bye.
A few years ago, my family had the privilege to go to Great Nanny's house in Idaho. Along with Dalen and Javawn, we loaded our cars and set off for one of the most memorial road trips. My kids still talk about it! It was so wonderful to meet the family, who by the way, accepted us as if we were family. How blessed we are! Here are a couple pictures Javawn sent to me from that road trip:








I'm not sure as to the pictures of us with Great Nanny, whether they were at her house or at her daughter's house, Sis. Judy Sargent. And I am not sure where Ashley is during the picture taking session, she was only about a year or so at this time. I am thinking she was either sleeping or wrecking havoc somewhere.

Great Nanny, you are loved and you are missed! Thank you for your unconditional love, a true Christian lady.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!