An (abbreviated) Update...

We have been praying for a while now for God's direction in our life. Well, um...pretty much my whole life I've prayed that but not always did I follow. We moved from California to Washington in 2010. It was a quick decision and much needed for that time. Then it came time to move on due to lack of job. My husband was offered a job here in Oregon and we knew we had friends here and they had a church. (Most of my readers know the story). To keep things brief, we have been praying for God to lead us where He wants us. If He wanted us here, then here we would stay. If He wanted us in Africa, well then I would probably pray very hard that I was imagining things..just kidding...we would go! It has been quite the experience, however, to watch God open doors. When He does the moving, you know it! We know without a doubt what direction He is leading us...and we will follow. I believe it is in our best interest to follow and not hinder the will of God, don't you think?? We know not everyone agrees with us, we know there will be "talk" but with God on our side, we are not concerned. How can you argue God? ...If God be for us, who can be against us?... Rom. 8:31.
 So for the last couple weeks, we have been cleaning and eliminating things we don't need. Now we are on the packing phase...and, boy, is it interesting! Here are a couple pictures of what my kids do while I am trying to pack:


Build forts with the boxes, of course! (Sorry, they are in their pj's)

There are A LOT of details I will spare you. In short, we are moving back to Sacramento which is HOME to all of us. The plan is to be there by the beginning of September. In the meantime, we will be visiting some friends and staying at my parents house for a few weeks. Our lease expires the end of July, and we do not want to be in another lease because we would have to break it. (Huge expenses occur). So to all of our wonderful friends we've made here, we thank you! We are so blessed to be a part of your lives. We will remain in contact. And to all of our friends and family in Cali...we are coming home!

Comments

AWwww!! Godspeed to you and your sweet family...
Kim said…
Thank you my dear friend! At least I know there is a chance I'll get to see you when you come to visit :)
Unknown said…
Yeah!! So happy you are coming back to Sacramento:)
Love you,
Sis. Stimers
Kim said…
Thank you, Sis. Stimers, we are very excited! Love you!
Tena said…
Ha! The pic of your kids building forts made me laugh. LOVE it! Welcome back, my friend! Be safe and I will pray the transition is smooth and happy. Please plan on bringing your family to the Valenti Farm for a visit soon! :D ♥youmucho!
Kim said…
Thank you, Tena...I appreciate your prayers! Yes, we will visit soon, thank you for the invite! Love you more!
Hi Sis. Kim, just wanted to say I'm so glad we got to meet your family and fellowship for a short time. Never got to have your whole family over for supper though. And also want to tell you that you have a right to be proud of your children. They are all so sweet and respectful. Love your folks too. I'm sure you're happy to be back in Calif. Love you and God bless!
Sis. Kim, I don't know if you got my comments. I'm not very savvy on this stuff. If you did, forgive me for another one. Was saying I'm so glad we met you folks and had at least a short time of fellowship. You have a right to be proud of your children. They are all so sweet and respectful. Love your folks too. God bless!
Kim said…
Sis Dinwiddie,
Thank you for your sweet compliments! We are so thankful our path crossed with yours. Next time we are in Arizona, we will try to make a trip to see you and Bro Dinwiddie. Maybe then we'll have that dinner :)...love you both dearly! God Bless!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!