Different State, Different Rules! UGH!!

The first day of school is approaching rapidly, though not rapidly enough for me! We left California in July, but school was out the end of May. Washington is a little different, we start school in September here. This makes for a very llllooooonnnngggg summer! Great for kids, not so great for mom's who have exhausted their resources in the entertainment department.
September first, Levi, Myles, and Elle will go back to school! *whoo hoo, jumping up and down*. However, there is a definite glitch in the Washington State School system! (Do you hear me all you school district officials?) Their cut off date for kindergarten is August 31st. This would be fine except my sweet little almost 5 year old, who asked for a backpack to go to school on her FOURTH birthday, won't be 5 until 8 days after school begins! How do you tactfully tell your child, who is obviously ready for school, that she has to wait one more YEAR? So to all you School District Officials, that read my blog, though I am honored that you would take the time to do so, I think your cut off date is RIDICULOUS!!! Do you really want the kids to be half grown by the time they start school? Wow!
Thank you to all my faithful blog readers for letting get on my soap box and get this off my chest! I will get through this, I already have a plan (and no I'm not gonna cheat and change her birth date). But I will tell you, she will not know the difference, she will think this is what every kindergartener does!

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the new look of the blog. Love your writing. Love you and your family! Aunt Paula
Tina said…
Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for following my blog. YOU ARE so blessed to get to be with the Kings. I mean seriously did God create any better people? They are the bomb. I love and miss them so much. We didn't do anything for them, they did EVERYTHING for us. Totally revamped our family with that book and I can never thank them enough. I love them so much and they were such a blessing to us.Please give Sis. King and Makenzie a H U G E hug for me and say "hey girl" to them, they know. Here is my email if you ever wanna chat. sh0ptildr@aol.com Take care and God bless!! You have a beautiful family!
Fox & Willow said…
Oh, I love her! I love them all. Every one of those little munchkins. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks. And I can't wait to see you, either!!! :)
Kim said…
And we can't wait to see you, Stacie Lynne Abigayle Wyatt Carlson Marquez!

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Real World!

An anniversary, a birthday and a birth defect??

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!!!